Membrane bioreactor (MBR) is a wastewater treatment process that combines membrane filtration with biological treatment. This innovative technology offers several advantages over the conventional activated sludge process. Among these advantages are higher biomass concentration, eliminating the needs of secondary clarifiers and improved effluent quality.
Membrane system has the core technology inside the MBR which consists of polypropylene plates with a polymeric membrane on each side. The membrane is welded on rigid frame. The module reduces virus and bacteria by 99.9999%. Filter plates are continuously aerated through bubble diffusers to keep them clean. The membranes don’t need regular chemical cleaning except one or two maintenance clearings per year.
MENA-Water has developed and manufactures package MBR plants inside ISO shipping containers for up to 1000 m3/day.
- Quick delivery and start-up
- German quality equipment in stainless steel housing
- Compact design
- Very good price-performance ratio
- Low maintenance and minimum operation requirement
- Minimum construction work on site and easy to relocate
- Effluent with irrigation water quality (no microorganism, no smell)
MENA-Water containerized MBR plants are available in different sizes.
- Inlet BOD 300 mg/L
- Outlet BOD < 5 mg/L Discharge of 150 liter/person/day
* Higher capacities can be achieved by adding more modules.
MENA-Water offers tailor-made Membrane Bioreactors (MBR) to treat wastewater from different applications.
- Municipal wastewater
- Educational institutions and healthcare complexes
- Hotels and resorts
- Parks, recreation and sports centers
- Military bases, labor and refugee camps
- Building complexes (offices, shopping centers, small township etc.)
- Industrial wastewater (food and beverage etc.)
The treated water can be used for the following applications:
- Raw human food crops exposed to the recycled water (eg. tomatoes, lettuce)
- Livestock drinking (excluding pigs)
- Dairy cattle grazing/fodder
- Cooked/processed human food or selected crops not directly exposed to the recycled water
- Grazing and fodder for cattle, sheep, horses, goats, alpacas etc. (excluding pigs)
- Non-food crops eg. woodlots, turf, flowers
- Residential uses eg. toilet flushing, washing machine, gardens
- Unrestricted public access areas eg. sporting facilities, botanical gardens, water features, golf courses
- Open industrial systems eg. industrial laundry, carwashes
- Road construction
MENA-Water offers complete package plant including:
- Raw wastewater pump station
- Biological treatment system
- Membrane filtration unit
- Permeate storage tank
- Sludge treatment
- Odor control system
- Disinfection system
- Mobile power generator
- Containerized operator room